Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 17 of 21

I feel great! I went back to Enhanced Wellness yesterday and it was determined that I had lost 4.5 lbs of fat. I've also lost a half pound of muscle, so I need to work to get it back. They all commented that I looked thinner. I hope they weren't just being polite.

The bad news is that the blood work they did (several vials worth) was analyzed and processed and Kelly went over the report with me. It was not good. There were several categories, with columns for high risk (red), moderate risk (yellow) and optimum (green). Most of my labs landed in the red column. Ouch.

I'm knocking on the door of diabetes and heart disease. How can that be when I feel so good? Well, there are things going on in my body--bad things. Things that are brewing and building up to a coronary episode.
 


Unless I work to turn it around, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

So, this 21-day detox/cleanse is just the beginning of the way I'll have to live the rest of my life. My days of cookies and cake and ice cream are over.


I went to cover Michelle Obama's visit to Clinton today and listened to her and Rachael Ray talk about feeding kids nutritious foods and how it will help them excel in school, then in life. I'm jumping on that bandwagon! (By the way, being on the White House press list was pretty cool!) My article about her visit will be in the April issue of eat.drink.Mississippi magazine.


Legit.

I can do this. I will do this.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment