Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 12 of 21

What a difference a few days makes. Sometimes, all it takes is finally making up your mind to do something. I had made up my mind. Knowing I had the support and encouragement from the folks at Enhanced Wellness certainly helped. And then there's the accountability. I have to go back on Tuesday to check my progress. I want them to be happy with my progress.

But ultimately, the only person I need to please is myself. And I am pleased. I'm no longer puffy from water retention/ My face looks slimmer. My pants aren't as tight. I have a long way to go, but I've gotten a good, strong start.

Having a "buddy" to go through this with is great. NancyKay Wessman and I are going through the same program at the same time, so it's nice to be able to pick up the phone and ask how she's doing or get feedback on recipes tried, etc.

I'm deviating from just diet talk this morning to pay tribute to a wonderful person who lost her battle with cancer yesterday. Norma Carroll Ezell passed away yesterday. She was Nicole and Joseph's third grade teacher, and she new perfectly how to handle two kids who didn't exactly "fit the mold." We have always given her credit for discovering Nicole's acting abilities. She celebrated it by putting Nicole in every classroom skit and stage play the entire school year. It was that year that Nicole was cast in the PBS series "Funnybones" as one of three child actors. She recognized that Joe was with the wrong teacher when he was in the third grade and helped us get him transferred to her class, where he thrived. When both of them look back to the people who were their real champions, Norma Carroll Ezell will be on that list. She'll be missed.


I'm heading into another weekend...lots to do, including cleaning the house. I'm going to call that exercise!

I can do this. I will do this.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment