Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 9 of 21

I can't believe I'm into the second week of this journey, and I'm doing great!

I went to our book club meeting last night, where everyone brings an appetizer and most folks are drinking wine or other adult beverages. A test.

NancyKay and I had a plan. I went to her house yesterday afternoon where she made hummus from scratch. I have bought Sabra hummus for years, but this put that in the shade.

As a matter of fact, it was the best hummus I've ever eaten, hands down. And the best part of all is that it was super-simple to make. We took the hummus along with a tray full of cut veggies (carrots, cucumbers, celery, red and green bell peppers and turnips). Despite the table at book club being filled with all manner of delicious treats, the hummus was a big with everyone. Someone had brought cut up fruit, so I made a small plate piled high with veggies and hummus and fruit, and that was my dinner. I was perfectly satisfied.

(For illustration purposes. I forgot to snap a shot of our hummus, 
which was garnished with fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts.)


The hummus recipe can be found on page 36 of the Core Restore patient guide:
http://www.drmichaelmadden.net/pdf/Core_Restore_Patient_Guide.pdf

While NancyKay was making the hummus, I ate a bowl of the Indian Bean Soup, a recipe also found in the guide. It was delicious. I'd order that in any restaurant.

Being around ladies drinking wine at our book club didn't bother me either. NancyKay made up some of our green tea-lemon juice-maple syrup blend and took that to book club in a gallon jug. We sipped it out of wine glasses!

I'm going to meet with Kelly Engelmann at Enhanced Wellness this afternoon. I am looking forward to standing on the big scales there and seeing those numbers go d-
                                                                 o-
                                                                     w-
                                                                          n!

I can do this. I will do this. 

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment