Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 8 of 21

Day one of week two!

So far, so good. I'm 12 pounds down, but much of that is water weight.

Yesterday was a day of rest. Larry was off work, and we just pretty much took it easy all day. I don't have the energy I had hoped I would, but I feel that will come...I'm eating good food now.

People have asked me if Larry is doing the diet as well. He's not. But he is doing another diet--one his cardiologist suggested to him. (Make that strongly encourage...). It's the "17 Day Diet" plan. And unlike the 21-day program I'm on, this is just the first 17 days...there are two more rounds that follow.
While the diets aren't exactly alike, they are surprisingly similar. He started the day after I did, so he's now seven days into his journey. 

Yesterday he baked an amazing chicken for our lunch. It was a big ol' roaster I bought at Fresh Market--no hormones, no antibiotics--you get the drill. And it was sooooo good!
We had steamed broccoli with it, and I had a serving of brown rice. Larry, unfortunately, can't eat rice in this 17-day cycle. 

So, in addition to my detox buddy, Nancykay Wessman, Larry has joined the ranks! 

I can do this. I will do this!

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment