Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 19 of 21

It's hard to believe I've made it this far!

I read once that it takes 21 days of doing something for it to become a habit. I guess we are all pretty hard-headed. Our brains are not so easily programmed.

Think about it. We all have our morning routine. Mine was get up, make coffee. Drink coffee. Drink more coffee.

Now it's different. I still make coffee--for Larry.

We use a French press coffee maker, so while I wait for the water to boil in the tea kettle, I juice half a lemon into a mug and measure out a teaspoon of Grade B organic maple syrup. When the water boils, I pour it into the French press and then pour the remaining water into my mug with lemon and maple syrup. While he sips on coffee, I sip hot lemonade. 

Honestly, I think it's more about sipping a hot beverage as you ease into the day. I really haven't missed the caffeine--no headaches or jitters. But I do miss the taste. I love a good cup of coffee. 

Surprisingly, one thing I haven't missed is bread. I had a craving for a hamburger last week, but I think I was craving meat more than the bun. Right now, the thought of eating a hamburger from a fast food restaurant makes me a little sick. I'm free from the hold of evil fast food!


I'm 19 days in and the habits are forming. Good habits. Healthy habits. 

I am doing this.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment