Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 11 of 21

Today marks the halfway point--more days behind me than ahead of me!

Here's an update:

I feel great! I'm eating delicious, clean food and I'm losing weight. My energy is increasing daily and I can tell a difference in my skin--it looks better, too!

Larry is also doing a 17-day intensive as I'm doing this 21-day detox. His diet and mine don't always jive. He can drink coffee, I can't. We are both to drink green tea. He can eat fish, I can't. I can eat legumes, he can't. I can't eat potatoes, he can't.

No worries. I can cook for both of our diets, because it's so important for both of us to be healthy. Last night's dinner for Larry was totally different from mine. I had Mexican Potato Salad from the Core Restore book, and Larry had a green salad, roasted brussel sprouts and tilapia.


It's always good to have something to motivate you to stick with a diet plan. My motivation is this:


I HATE how we both look in this photo taken back in December. We just look overweight and unhealthy. That's NOT how I want us to look in the myriad of photos that will be snapped next October when my niece, Lauren, gets married in Nashville! Her fiance, David, put a ring on it!


So, if we don't want to be totally out-shined by these precious people, we've got to work hard to get in picture-perfect shape!


But the biggest motivation of all is good health. I want to feel good and be much less dependent on daily medications.

I can do this. I will do this.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment