Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 1 of 21

Slimmer. Trimmer. Healthier. Fitter.

Happier?

Well, who isn't happier when they're slim, trim, healthy and fit?

Today is DAY ONE of a 21-day super cleanse I'm doing to jump start my weight loss program. It will revitalize healthy liver function, and detoxify my body.

The program is through a clinic in Jackson called ENHANCED WELLNESS. I learned about it from my friend, NancyKay Wessman, who has been undergoing a major transformation of her own.

After watching my mother suffer from complications of diabetes for the first six months of last year, ultimately ending in her death last June, I made a decision to live a healthier life. Then I promptly gained about 20 pounds.

Something had to give.

I first started going to Enhanced Wellness in December. Great timing. NOT. But their program certainly helped heighten my awareness and probably helped me avoid some of the foods I needed to stay away from for the better part of the holidays.


I didn't lose weight during that time, but I didn't gain any. Ground zero.

So, here I go. For the next 21 days I'll be fasting and detoxing and drinking concoctions of green tea, maple syrup and lemon juice along with healthier foods--all organic--as my body "releases" excess pounds and my liver rids itself of the harmful toxins trapped within.



No coffee, no wine for the next 21 days.



 I can do this. I CAN DO THIS.

Gotta go sip my "super tea." More tomorrow.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I knew your mother was sick last June, but I didn't know she had died. My condolences to you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete