Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 10 of 21

This is a lifestyle change.

At almost halfway in to this 21-day detox/cleanse, I'm seeing that the things I'm doing now can so easily be carried forward after this leg of the journey is over.

I mentioned the wonderful chicken we baked in the blog post I did on Monday, and the hummus I wrote about yesterday. So, now it's time to write about the most amazing soup ever! It's the Indian Bean Soup, and it's just chocked full of goodness, not to mention ingredients I've never used before.

Anything that has onions, bell pepper, and potatoes is good. Add olive oil, organic low-sodium vegetable stock, coriander, paprika and curry paste, and you're really cooking. But this soup also has turnips and parsnips, two things I'm not real familiar with. I know turnip greens, but the turnip root is a different matter. And, I have to admit, I had no idea what a parsnip looked like. I had to really scour the produce department to find some.



For educational purposes (because, aren't we all really learning a lot during this journey?!), I referred to Wikipedia and learned that the parsnip is richer in vitamins and minerals than its close relative, the carrot. It is particularly rich in potassium with 600 mg per 100 g. The parsnip is also a good source of dietary fiber. A 100-g parsnip contains 75 Calories (230 kJ) of energy.

You're welcome.

I will be incorporating all these recipes into my "normal" life when this 21 days is over.

I can do this. I will do this.

Blessing to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment