Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 15 of 21

No, you didn't miss a day...I did. I just didn't blog yesterday. It was a busy day from beginning to end and I just didn't find or make time.

But I'm doing great!

I had a guest for breakfast, and I made a wonderful omelet for both him and Larry. Sauteed onions and red bell pepper, a handful of fresh spinach and chopped mushrooms, and a sprinkling of chopped tomatoes and feta cheese. I used four eggs and split it in half. No, I didn't eat a bite--eggs are not on this 21-day cleanse.

I also made our guest toast using sprouted Ezekial bread, along with some Trader Joe's pumpkin butter. No bread for Larry or me.

Finally, I made a big fruit bowl with apples, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, rasperries and bananas. You guessed it, that's what I ate.

Both Larry and our guest had coffee. I made a pot of tea and was perfectly satisfied.

For lunch, I made Larry a piece of tilapia topped with fresh tarragon and lemon slices, steamed broccoli and a green salad. I can't eat fish, so I substituted a cup of the Indian bean soup for the fish. I got my protein from the black eyed peas in the soup.

We went out to dinner with my Dad last night. We chose Aladdin, because they have several menu options that Larry and I can eat. Larry chose the chicken schwarma salad with a side of tabouli, and I had the sauteed veggie plate with rice. We normally take a bottle of wine with us to Aladdin, but last night it was water and lemon. I left full and very satisfied.

Tomorrow I go back in to Enhanced Wellness for a follow up to see how I'm doing. I can't wait to see how my numbers are doing and what the scales say!

I can do this. I will do this.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment