Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 13 of 21

I admit it. I'm craving a burger. A big fat juicy burger from The Blue Rooster in Flora would be awesome today. But since they don't serve grass fed beef, and I'm not eating bread right now, I'll pass.



I've gone through about three dozen organic lemons so far. At a dollar a lemon, the lemon juice I'm squeezing is more expensive than the wine I drank pre-detox. I hope my liver is happy.

This past week has nearly driven me to drink--but it hasn't. My day got off to a bad start Wednesday when I discovered water dripping down my bathroom wall and puddling on the floor. Seems our water heater was going out. About $900 later, we have a new water heater in our attic. Come see her--she's a beauty! I had a lot of work all week, so that's a good thing, but it kept me busy as I raced to make deadlines. Finding time to prepare appropriate detox meals was a challenge, but I managed to do it. I even cooked for Larry.

As we see the last days of winter, I am grateful I live in the South, and not where all that snow is that I see on TV. We've certainly had our share of rain, but I'm hoping for sunnier days ahead so that I can get outside and work in the yard. I am feeling very sedentary and need to move!

The good thing is that I don't ever really feel hungry and my craving for carbs and sweets is going away. I'm actually looking forward to going to the grocery store later today to load up on more produce for the coming week.

I can do this. I will do this.

Blessings to all who read this!
Susn


No comments:

Post a Comment