Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekends = Happy

There's nothing like a relaxing weekend to get you pumped up for the week ahead. I am coming off the most wonderful relaxing weekend and I feel like Tony the Tiger....Ggggggggrrrrrreeeeeaaaaattttt!!!!!!!!!!!

Having wonderful weather doesn't hurt at all. Spring is definitely in the air and it has a positive effect on my mood for sure.

Friday I had leisurely lunch with a friend, then did my Friday afternoon volunteer gig at the Mississippi Museum of Art. We had 109 people come through Friday afternoon to see the Jim Henson exhibit, so it was steady and busy--just the way we like it.

Afterwards, I picked Nic up from the Belhaven costume shop where she was tying up loose ends on her big event: An Evening of HOPE. She had an evening planned with friends, so Larry and I had a quiet evening at home watching TV. Nice.

Saturday was a day filled with good intentions: reading the book we are going to discuss at book club on Monday, "The Lake of Dead Languages" by Carol Goodman. I was going to read an hour and clean house an hour, alternately, all day. Neither happened.

Joe came home to help around the house so he could earn some extra money for his spring break trip to Florida, although he has a severely sprained ankle, so that wasn't going to happen. Nicole had cabin fever from being in her room so much, so both of them ended up on the couch in the den. We ended up watching a ridiculous movie on TV, both of them laughing and happy. For two hours, I was in my own little heaven, surrounded by two happy children (so what if they are 21 and 27? They are still my babies and they were happy and content...).

We babysat Charles and Talamieka Brice's Jack Russell Terrier, Luli, on Saturday,which was fun, too. Luli is a ball of energy, and Roxie loved playing with her--to a point. Finally, it was "enough is enough," but Luli didn't get the memo. That kept us entertained pretty much all day!

I did better about following through with plans on Sunday. Nic's friends Crystal and Sunny came to pick up Nicole Sunday morning to go to church, and that left me with some quiet time to start the book. And it was a good one! I got totally sucked into it before I realized I had to get ready for a wedding shower for our sweet friend Tiffany. I went to the shower, waaaaay down in Florence, then met up with Nicole at the Museum where she was taking in the Henson exhibit one last time before it ended. My plan was to meet up with Larry at church for 5:30 mass, but that didn't work out so well...we didn't get out of the museum until almost 6pm.

So we prayed over sushi at Nagoya...thankful for a great weekend and grateful for the many blessings in our lives.

Today starts another busy day...which I started much too late because I forgot to reset the alarm clock next to my bed...seems I slept in this morning! No worries...I've got a good feeling about this week.

What are you going to do to make this week a productive one?

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment