Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF!

TGIF!

Not that it's been a bad week, or a particularly long week. But there's something about Friday that's just fun.


Day three of sunshine and blue skies doesn't hurt, either. It's true that we all need some rain in our lives to appreciate the sun. And we've had more than our share of cold rainy days, so everyone has seemed especially upbeat over the past couple of days.

Of course, that's a metaphor for life as well. "Rain" is often the difficulties and challenges we face, but we all know that rain is necessary to make the flowers grow, right? I think those challenges are the things that make us stronger, and they put things into perspective. They give us a better idea of what's important, and what's not. And they make us more appreciative of the little things that add grace to our lives.

There's not alot on tap for this weekend, which is good. I'm hoping to get some dirt under my nails doing yardwork. Time to tidy up the yard after this brutal winter. Joe is going to help me the best he can--he did some damage to the ligaments in his foot last week playing football. But he's motivated--he and Em are heading to Florida for spring break on Monday, so he wants to earn a little spending money.

I'd love to have a spring break myself, but that's simply not in the cards this year. We were hoping to go to Barcelona in April to meet up with Larry's brothers and sisters, but that will have to wait...finances won't allow a European vacation for four right now.

So, I'll be conscious of the fact that next week is "spring break" week, and I'll make an effort to go outside and get a little vitamin D every day. If this beautiful weather holds out, I can step outside on my patio in between writing assignments, and if I am out and about, I'll try to eat lunch or dinner on restaurant patios instead of being cooped up inside.

Go make the most of this day! What are you going to do now that warmer weather is here?

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment