Friday, February 19, 2010

Detox Time!

I'm the kind of person who likes to have a clean slate before I can begin a new project (unless there's a pressing deadline, in which case I can work within total chaos!).

 I like to have a clean kitchen before I begin baking. I like to have a clean bathroom before I get ready for a big night out. I like to have a clean patio before I can start grilling. So, needless to say, I'm having a hard time right now because while in the process of creating a wonderful office/studio space, my house is in a total state of disarray.

I've put off an exercise and diet program, too...and I couldn't figure out what the cause of my extreme procrastination was. Then it hit me with a facebook invitation to a Detox Camp at the Downtown Jackson YMCA. Hmmm....maybe I need a clean body before I can begin a fitness program. 


The camp lasts one week. We'll meet at 9am tomorrow morning, again on Sunday afternoon, back on Wednesday evening for a mid-week checkup and a final time on Friday evening to celebrate! The program combines dietary, environmental and emotional detoxification to clean out, revitalize and start fresh. Sounds like just exactly what I need!

The invitation asks:

- Do you want more energy and less stress? (YES!!!)
- Do you want to feel younger and more vitalized? (YES!!!)
- Are you concerned about how your diet impacts your health? (Uh, yeah...)- Do you want to shed pounds in a healthy way for 2010? (OH YEAH!!!!)
- ARE YOU READY FOR A CHANGE? (ARE YOU KIDDING ME???)


The fact that I've had the crud--bad--for three days may make it a bit more of a challenge. Just getting up and being somewhere at 9am tomorrow will be difficult, but I'm committed to this, and I will, of course, let you know how it's going every step of the way!

I wish I had more to report on my office project. It's the same today as it was two days ago. I'm hoping that I'l experience a miraculous burst of energy tomorrow and really make a dent in the project. I think of that project as a sort of detox as well.

It's a good idea to remove the toxins from your life from time to time. There are toxic people who are like poison to your system, toxic obligations that we get ourselves into and toxic clutter that literally bogs us down to the point where we can't get anything done. 

What's toxic in your life, and what are you going to do to detox?

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment