Monday, February 15, 2010

Call Me Mrs. Happy...

It's official! The holiday season is over! Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Birthdays,Super Bowl, Valentine's Day...all done! The next holiday isn't until Easter, so I've got some breathing room.


This morning I'm breathing a sigh of relief. For the first time in forever I'm not anticipating and planning. Starting today, I can focus on my home, mainly my office. Which is getting worse by the minute. But when you're doing a major clean-out, it aways gets worse before it gets better, right? 


After several years of things piling up around me, I've decided the best way to tackle this job is to take EVERYTHING out of my office, then put it back in an organized fashion. But when it comes out, it has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is everywhere else in my house! 


I'm also going to focus more on learning what I can to make this blog better. I switched up the format last night, which I like better. I also added Nicole's event, but for some reason, the date won't show up. It's on March 27. And tickets are on sale NOW. Just go online at  https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/99475.Tickets for this event are limited--only 200 available, so get them early! A reminder...it's a benefit for the "Ask for More Arts" program of the Parents for Public Schools. The event includes a signature cocktail upon arrival, a three-course dinner prepared by Chef Nathan Glenn, a live art auction, including a signature piece by Tony DiFatta, and a multi-media dance performance with dancers from Belhaven College. Nicole is doing the choreography and will actually perform in the program. I know...it's a miracle!


Another thing that will make me happy is the lack of cakes, cookies, and other "party" food stacked up in my kitchen. Between Nicole and Joseph, we've had entirely too much birthday cake around here, and it must be magic cake, because I could swear it was singing my name. "Susan! Eat me! Eat meeeeeee!" So I did. But seeing myself on the cover of a magazine was a pretty big wake-up call. I'm just tired of being fat. 


I went online last night, just looking for diet and exercise motivation, and ran across this:www.thisiswhyyourefat.com. It's a funny, yet disgusting website featuring ridiculous food that people really eat...like bacon turtle burgers:
Beef patties, covered with a woven backon strips, with hotdogs for head, feet and tail. Now that's a heart attack waiting to happen! The website promotes the book by the same name, by Jessica Amason and Richard Blakely. They actually ask for--and get--submissions of fatty, high calorie food that people really eat. I'm feeling better about eating my bowl of oatmeal this morning...

So, I'm going to pop in the exercise DVD I ordered right before Christmas (it's still in the plastic wrapper) and I'm going to begin this day with a heart-pumping workout. Then I'm going to tackle the office...it's going to get done this week. (Repeat: It's going to get done THIS WEEK!)  

I feel happy.

Here's an idea...if you didn't have a special Valentine this year, but if you have the desire to do something for someone, consider giving blood. It's fast, it's free, and it's a gift that will keep on giving. Nicole benefitted from 13 units of blood, all donated by unselfish folks. Larry gives on a regular basis (he has the precious O+ blood). Stop in at Mississippi Blood Services--or a blood bank near you--and give the gift of life.

What are you going to do with this week? I'd love to hear from you!

Blessing to all who read this!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment