Monday, December 21, 2009

Sometimes you win, sometimes you...

I got an email on Friday afternoon advising me that I had NOT been chosen as the Nature Made SAM-e Good Mood Blogger. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. I went into the competition believing that I could do a great job for them, and have fun in the process. I also saw it as a creative way to earn money to go towards Nicole's increasing medical bills.

By the end of the second round, I had gotten 10,007 votes, coming in at fourth place. The voting counted 20% of the total score. I feel great about my votes, because they were "real," and there were from people who truly supported me. The fact that so many of you voted, day after day, even finding creative ways to vote more than once using different computers, cell phones, etc., and that you were willing to do that, just humbles me more than you'll ever know. Some of you don't even know me, yet you jumped on the voting bandwagon to help someone simply because you were asked to do so.

I was really looking forward to writing the daily good mood blog, so much so that I've made the decision to do it anyway! I already have a blog that I began when Nicole wanted to wind down the Caring Bridge site. I had gotten so used to writing a daily journal that I really missed it when she started writing Caring Bridge on her own. Now she's written the final entry, so that chapter is closed.

So, beginning January 1, I will write my own daily good mood blog--only I won't call it that, because obviously, that's already taken. I'll stick with the name of my blog as it is now: "Every Step of the Way," as that best describes our journey. You can find it right here. I'll write it five days a week, just like the "real" job requires, and hopefully, you'll enjoy it enough to register to follow it daily.

There will be no real difference for you, but there will be a bit of a difference for me, as I won't be getting paid by Nature Made. The Good Mood Blogger gig paid $5000/month for six months. So, while I'm writing daily, I will also be looking for other ways to earn money to help Nic with her mounting medical bills. The medical fund that was set up for her following her accident is running low--that's what I use to pay for her prescriptions, supplies, the portion of doctor bills that insurance/medicaid doesn't pay, for her personal training sessions, etc.

If you like what you see, and want to read my daily good mood blog, be sure to register to "follow" me. As I learn more about blog design, etc. the site will evolve to become more professional looking. But the content will always come from my heart--I won't be working to meet others' objectives.

Nicole also has her own website, which is www.youcantstopthisdancer.com. It's her life, in her own words, and it's very Nicole! (FYI, there is a button on her homepage that links to the paypal account that feeds into her medical fund. Donations accepted and appreciated!)

I started this contest hoping I could make some extra money. Now that it's over, I realized that even though I didn't get the job, I got so much more. I had people all over the United States and in a few countries abroad voting for me, and the sweet messages of encouragement and support sent along the way meant more to me than you'll ever know. The letters of recommendation that I forwarded to the p.r. agency running the competition were really so kind. I only hope to be the kind of friend to each and every one of you that you have been to me.

Yes, I was sad for awhile when I found out I didn't get the job, but as so many of you expressed to me on facebook over the weekend, God does have a plan for us all, and I believe He has great things in store for me! Life goes on...I'm over it and I'm fine. Thanks for going on this journey with me. I hope you jump on board for the next leg!

Wishing you all a meaningful and joyous Christmas!

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment