Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out with the old...or at least organize it!

This is the time of year when we have a deep-rooted need to begin anew. A new year. A new decade. A new way of thinking. I want to clean out closets and declutter. Having an organized home helps me to function much better in everything I do. If I could just have a week in my life with no deadlines, no demands on my time...I'd wake up every day and go straight to work, cleaning out, organizing...

Who Am I Kidding??! That's never going to happen! I have to do my organizing in fits and starts, finding pockets of time here and there...if I had a dollar for all my good intentions...I'd hire someone to do the organizing for me!

One of the things I've always wanted to tackle is organizing family photos. I've got boxes and drawers of them, and now that we're in the digital age, I've got memory cards floating around. I found a company that does the work for you in a cool way, preserving memories online in a fun-to-view way. Check out this video at http://www.myheartwill.com/. (I love how the announcer says "shed-tual" for schedule!).

This company helps people create an emotional legacy that will live on after they have gone. They call it "Living On," and it is a different kind of will. When we think of wills, we think of legal documents where a deceased loved one bequeths their material goods to folks after they pass on. But with this, emotional wealth can be passed along, including feelings, memories, hopes, beliefs and experiences. I like the idea of living on...so what these people do really appeals to me. http://www.myheartwill.com/living-on.html.

I'm sending Nic and Joe off to New Orleans today for a long New Year's weekend. Nicole will be the maid of honor in a friend's wedding on New Year's Day. Emily (Joe's girlfriend) and Nic's friend Ricky will be going as well, and they're all staying in a cool apartment in the French Quarter. I won't see them again until 2010!

Nic's godmother, Carol, is coming down from Nashville...we are going to ring in the New Year right here in my house. Don't be jealous of us...we'll be in our warm flannel PJ's, fire in the fireplace, leftovers warmed up on the counter, and DVD's playing. It's a safe bet we won't see midnight. Been there, done that...loving sleep way too much!

After everyone gets off today, I may just clean out a drawer or my purse...don't want to get too ambitious too soon. Baby steps. I'll get there one day. And when I make my living legacy photo video, I'll stress the importance of being organized. I'm sure future generations will be so impressed!

Blessings to all who read this!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment